Posted By
Kathy Constantinou2
Jun 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Elements 1.0.1 and Win XP.
I cannot get Help or Tutorial to work. I am thinking about upgrading to Elements 2, but not sure if it is worth it after seeing all of these problems being discussed!

Please help. Maybe I should just get an uprade to my old Photoshop program instead?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick Smith
Jun 30, 2003
What happens when you click the "help" link?

Dick
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
And what browser are you using? If you’re on AOL, you’ll have to run a plain vanilla version of Internet Explorer and set it to be your default web browser. This won’t, however, effect your AOL service; AOL requests creation of a non-standard browser for their system, so Elements doesn’t recognize it properly.

Edit: Keep in mind there are millions of people using both versions of PSE without trouble. This is a Help forum, so what you’re reading is skewed toward those who are having problems. Most of the issues are the result of conflicts with other software, failing to turn off anti-virus apps during installation, and – the most common of all – not knowing some of the little tips and tricks. Lots of XP users are happily editing away and never come here because they don’t need help. 🙂
KC
Kathy Constantinou2
Jun 30, 2003
Thanks Beth. Unfortunately, I’m not using AOL – I have Rogers Cable and Internet Explorer. Should I be changing something there?
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
No AOL. Shoot; there goes one easy fix!

Did you have an anti-virus software running when you installed? Are the folders for Help and Tutorials actually located in the application folder? If they’re not, try an overinstall.
RC
Richard Coencas
Jun 30, 2003
Kathy,

Tutorials are part of the help system.
B
BobHill
Jul 1, 2003
Be sure that your HTML files are associated with your browser (MSIE).

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections