I
Posted By
IRC
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a couple of folders (~40 images each) that don’t seem to retain their thumbs and every time I access them PS CS generates thumbs. I’ve tried purging the cache and then rebuilding but that doesn’t work. All other folders work fine, even ones with many hundreds of images.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

IL
Ian_Lyons
Aug 7, 2004
If you rename or relocate a folder then the dynamic cache will need to be rebuilt next time the folder is accessed. Likewise if the folder is on an external drive. You should be able to overcome this by exporting the cache to the individual folder i.e. select the "folder" in File Browser and then choose Export Cache from the File Browser File menu. You need to do this for EACH folder.

Ian
I
IRC
Aug 7, 2004
I renamed one folder and then created a new folder with the name I wanted. I copied all the images over to the new folder and deleted the old renamed folder. Since then no problems with that folder. Oddly enough, the problem fixed itself with the other folder I was having problems with. Very strange, I wonder why deleting the one fixed the problem with the other?

The one I deleted had been one I renamed recently. I’ll remember not to do that in the future.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections