DD
Posted By
David_Doughman
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some strange reason I can no longer see any psd thumbnails in file open but do see them under the file browser. All other file formats display the thumb nails properly. Must be a missing or corrupted file – but which one?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
Jun 6, 2004
PS CS no longer has operating system support for PSD thumbnails. This has been discussed in depth. Search the forum for details.

Bob
H
Ho
Jun 6, 2004
Cristofer Cruz has provided a patch:

<http://home.earthlink.net/~freeware-soft/ps.cs.t.patch.zip>
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 6, 2004
Ho, I downloaded the patch, installed it and nothing changed. I still only get the PS icon for image files. What is it supposed to do?
DD
David_Doughman
Jun 6, 2004
Tried Cristofer Cruz patch, rebooted my computer and I again have PSD thumb nails. Many thanks! Sure makes life easire!
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 6, 2004
Very strange. I don’t.
JG
John_Gregson
Jun 7, 2004
Try opening the foledr in windows explorer, select View –> Customize this folder, and choose pictures. Restart Photoshop and see if that changes anything.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 7, 2004
Doesn’t change anything. I forwarded the link to others and they also are having problems. One person said that images appeared briefly, then disappeared!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections