Posted By
toogood_2b_truenospam
Jul 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone had some ideas that may help me solve something that is really bugging me. If I use the CS2 browser (Adobe Bridge) and open a folder containing RAW images that I have recently taken on my Nikon D70s, each thumbnail is surrounded by a black border. When I highlight a photo to see in the preview pane, it appears in the preview pane the same size as the thumbnail regardles of how big I have opened the preview pane up to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the selected thumbnail to fill the preview screen? JPEGS from other folders seem OK……could it be anything to do with the RAW plug ins?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

Remove nospam

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
lilwolf
Jul 27, 2006
In article , toogood_
says…
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone had some ideas that may help me solve something that is really bugging me. If I use the CS2 browser (Adobe Bridge) and open a folder containing RAW images that I have recently taken on my Nikon D70s, each thumbnail is surrounded by a black border. When I highlight a photo to see in the preview pane, it appears in the preview pane the same size as the thumbnail regardles of how big I have opened the preview pane up to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the selected thumbnail to fill the preview screen? JPEGS from other folders seem OK……could it be anything to do with the RAW plug ins?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

Remove nospam

I have the same situation with Canon pics and their Zoombrowser. It seems that this thumbnail border (as well as preview) is built in either to the software, or an aspect of uploading RAW images. I know that once you process, edit, or render the image and store it in a regular folder, you can generate a normal thumbnail. If I transfer the image and view in Irfanview, I don’t have this border problem (but you must have the RAW plugin to view). It seems more an inconvenience than a problem. However, if someone else knows a better answer to this situation, please post.
R
Rina
Jul 27, 2006
Sometimes it’s just easier to use windows browser and stop fighting with adobe.
Rina

"lilwolf" wrote in message
In article , toogood_
says…
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone had some ideas that may help me solve something that is really bugging me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections