Z
Posted By
ZombieKeeper
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, I’m a retard and can’t figure this out. I have an image I want to add text to. When I go to do this, the text is "VERY" small and unreadable. This is with a large font type (72) selected.

I’m confused as to why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 25, 2004
make sure your image resolution is something like 72ppi for screen work or 300ppi if going to print. you might have a very large or small value in the resolution field. (image> image size)
CW
Colin_Walls
Jul 25, 2004
Look at how big your image is in pixels [Image Size or ruler]. Figure out what kind of size you want the text to be [still in pixels]. Enter this size as the text size like this: "99px". PS will immediately convert this to the right size in points.

BTW, sorry if I’m sounding a bit over sensitive, but I do find the use of the word "retard" rather offensive.
O
Ol__Whozit
Jul 26, 2004
To call oneself a retard is nothing offensive. Retard is to slow or prevent advancement or accomplishment. Why is it less offensive to say "slow" instead of "retard," especially since "mentally retarded" is now "mentally challenged," since those terms specify the slowing is mental? How about physically retarded, or emotionally retarded?

Would it be less offensive to call oneself a moron, idiot, or numbskull??? Sheesh, you PC-types!
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 26, 2004
Ol’ Whozit

Thanks for that. Political Correctness will kill freedom of speech if we let it.

My mother taught "backward" children. I don’t even know what "PC" term is used for them now.

If a small person is called "vertically challenged", who knows? BTW I have some very good friends who are below 5’2".

No offence to the illiterates who can’t even read this.

Cheers – JJ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections