WS
Posted By
William_S
Feb 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m wondering if someone can give me some pointers on using Photoshop to print on odd-sized paper. I’ve got some 8.5"x22" photo paper that I’d like to print a panorama photo on. When I go to "Print" and then "Page Setup," I choose "Custom" under the size of paper. When I choose custom, however, I see nowhere else to enter the actual size of the paper I want to use. I’m sure it’s right in front of me, but does anyone know where I’m supposed to enter the custom paper size?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 13, 2006
"William_S" wrote in message
I’m wondering if someone can give me some pointers on using Photoshop to print on odd-sized paper. I’ve got some 8.5"x22" photo paper that I’d like to print a panorama photo on. When I go to "Print" and then "Page Setup," I choose "Custom" under the size of paper. When I choose custom, however, I see nowhere else to enter the actual size of the paper I want to use. I’m sure it’s right in front of me, but does anyone know where I’m supposed to enter the custom paper size?

Are you running Windows or Mac, and what kind of printer are you using? —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
WS
William_S
Feb 13, 2006
Are you running Windows or Mac, and what kind of printer are you using?

Windows XP and a Canon Pixma IP8500
CJ
C J Southern
Feb 13, 2006
I’m more familiar with Epson drivers, but …

Try going into printing preferances from within the printer setup (ie not from within photoshop).

Often a custom paper setting looks like any other, but when you’ve changed the settings there is an option to name the new settings.

HTH
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 13, 2006
"William_S" wrote in message
Are you running Windows or Mac, and what kind of printer are you using?

Windows XP and a Canon Pixma IP8500

In many cases the default XP drivers do not support user specified paper sizes. Try downloading the latest driver from the Canon web site and see if it has this support.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
WS
William_S
Feb 13, 2006
In many cases the default XP drivers do not support user specified paper sizes. Try downloading the latest driver from the Canon web site and see if it has this support.

I was able to get it to work by using the recommendation of going into the printer software itself and specifying a custom paper size. My printer will apparently accept custom paper size up to 22" long.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections