V
Posted By
victory
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am attempting to fit as many prints onto an A4 sheet as possble and am puzzled by the following result.

I have cropped a photograph so that it shows the following dimensions when viewed on the monitor 4 x 5.5 inches

I then select NEW and bring up an A.4 blank page ( this is in PS 7 )

Using CTRL + A,C& D and then with the blank A4 image selected , CTRL+V the image which is now transferred to the A4 image has changed its dimensions to 5 x 7 inches !!

Why has this change of size happened after these operations ?

B.N.

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
Jun 5, 2004
wrote:

I am attempting to fit as many prints onto an A4 sheet as possble and am puzzled by the following result.

I have cropped a photograph so that it shows the following dimensions when viewed on the monitor 4 x 5.5 inches

Using CTRL + A,C& D and then with the blank A4 image selected , CTRL+V the image which is now transferred to the A4 image has changed its dimensions to 5 x 7 inches !!

Because the resolution of the original image is higher than the resolution of the new A4 image.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
N
nomail
Jun 5, 2004
wrote:

Why don’t you use the "Picture Package" function in the "Automate" menu?

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
V
victory
Jun 5, 2004

Thanks- I’ll have a look at that – I didn’t notice it before.

However , I would still like to know why the dimensions change after the operation I previously described as a matter of curiosity .

regards,

B.N.

N
nomail
Jun 5, 2004
wrote:

However , I would still like to know why the dimensions change after the operation I previously described as a matter of curiosity .

I answered that in a seperate message. Most likely, the resolution of the original image is higher than the resolution of the new A4 size image.

J
jrzyguy
Jun 5, 2004
this is not an answer…but rather a work around. rather than mess with all the photoshop settings…i sometimes just insert my photo into quark, pagemaker or even powerpoint and resize there for printing. Thats is just a quick fix in case you or whoever is lazy and doesnt want to really understand the program.

But if you want to really understand….look under image/image size…and take off constrain image size….
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
wrote:

Why don’t you use the "Picture Package" function in the "Automate"
menu?

I answered that in a seperate message. Most likely, the resolution of the original image is higher than the resolution of the new A4 size image.

V
victory
Jun 5, 2004
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:12:15 -0400, "jrzyguy"
wrote:

this is not an answer…but rather a work around.

Are you referring here to the previous responders suggestion to use "Picture Package"?

Is that what you mean by a " work around " and " not an answer " ?

rather than mess with all
the photoshop settings…i sometimes just insert my photo into quark, pagemaker or even powerpoint and resize there for printing. Thats is just a quick fix in case you or whoever is lazy and doesnt want to really understand the program.

I would really like understand the program – hence my original question.
But if you want to really understand….look under image/image size…and take off constrain image size….

I think I have worked out most of the problem in that I didn’t notice that the A4 page had a different resolution to the photo image !!

Thanks for the help everyone .

B.N.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections