S
Posted By
SCRUFF
Nov 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about 300 photos that I am going to put on a cd. I want to have the cd automatically open with a program that is a slide show, or at least a good viewer. I think Kodak has such a thing but was wondering if anyone knows of another that is any better.
Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
DAVID
Nov 17, 2005
"Scruff" wrote in message
I have about 300 photos that I am going to put on a cd. I want to have the cd automatically open with a program that is a slide show, or at least a good viewer. I think Kodak has such a thing but was wondering if anyone knows of another that is any better.
Thanks.

There are a great number of programs that will do what you want. One of my favorites is a program called FlipAlbum. The web address is www.flipalbum.com. If you want to wow your audience FlipAlbum is the program for you. If you’re looking for something less flashy, Ulead has several programs you might want to look at, the web address is www.ulead.com. If you are running Windows XP, you already have Windows Movie Maker. If all you want is a simple slide show Windows Movie Maker is just what you’re looking for.

David
S
SCRUFF
Nov 17, 2005
"DAVID" <dmeasor1 (REMOVE) @cogeco.ca> wrote in message
"Scruff" wrote in message
I have about 300 photos that I am going to put on a cd. I want to have the cd automatically open with a program that is a slide show, or at
least
a good viewer. I think Kodak has such a thing but was wondering if
anyone
knows of another that is any better.
Thanks.

There are a great number of programs that will do what you want. One of
my
favorites is a program called FlipAlbum. The web address is www.flipalbum.com. If you want to wow your audience FlipAlbum is the
program
for you. If you’re looking for something less flashy, Ulead has several programs you might want to look at, the web address is www.ulead.com. If you are running Windows XP, you already have Windows Movie Maker. If all you want is a simple slide show Windows Movie Maker is just what you’re looking for.

David

Thanks!
A
Avery
Nov 17, 2005
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:24:20 -0500, "Scruff" wrote:

Thanks.

Irfanview will do it. It is easy, reliable and FREE

www.irfanview.com
TC
tony cooper
Nov 17, 2005
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:53:30 GMT, Avery wrote:

Thanks.

www.irfanview.com

How would you do that? You can view images on your own ‘puter as a slide show in Irfanview, but – as I read Scruff’s post – he wants to put images on CD and have other people see them as a slide show on their computers. The only way they could do that that I can figure out is to open the image file on his CD in their own computer’s Irfanview program. They would not automatically open.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
BS
Bob Somethingorother
Nov 17, 2005
In article <8ab19$437bcd38$422ab0ab$>, "Scruff" wrote:

Thanks.

File –>Automate–>Web Photo Gallery. Choose Horizontal Slide Show. Set other options under Options. Click OK and go get a cup of coffee.

*But what if I’m a figment of MY imagination?

Bob
in Carmel, CA
S
SCRUFF
Nov 18, 2005
"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

I have about 300 photos that I am going to put on a cd. I want to have the cd automatically open with a program that is a slide show, or at
least
a good viewer. I think Kodak has such a thing but was wondering if
anyone
knows of another that is any better.
Thanks.

www.irfanview.com

How would you do that? You can view images on your own ‘puter as a slide show in Irfanview, but – as I read Scruff’s post – he wants to put images on CD and have other people see them as a slide show on their computers. The only way they could do that that I can figure out is to open the image file on his CD in their own computer’s Irfanview program. They would not automatically open.
Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Yes, What I am looking for is a program that you put on a cd with your pics and when
you load the cd it automatically opens with a slide show. DAVID had it right with flip album.
Thanks all.
A
Avery
Nov 18, 2005
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:46:39 GMT, Tony Cooper
wrote:

Thanks.

www.irfanview.com

Go into File menu > slideshow add in all the file from the directory that you want , set the options and save as a .exe or.scr file . Copy it to your CD.

Not hard really.
A
Avery
Nov 18, 2005
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:46:39 GMT, Tony Cooper
wrote:

Thanks.

www.irfanview.com

Better still download the appropriate plugins from Irfanview and burn it directly to CD.
K
KatWoman
Nov 18, 2005
"Bob Allison" wrote in message
In article <8ab19$437bcd38$422ab0ab$>, "Scruff" wrote:

I have about 300 photos that I am going to put on a cd. I want to have the cd automatically open with a program that is a slide show, or at least
a good viewer. I think Kodak has such a thing but was wondering if anyone knows of another that is any better.
Thanks.

File –>Automate–>Web Photo Gallery. Choose Horizontal Slide Show. Set other options under Options. Click OK and go get a cup of coffee.

*But what if I’m a figment of MY imagination?

Bob
in Carmel, CA

that will create a webpage and the user of the CD would have to find the index.html to click on, it won’t just play when loaded into the CD player.
Y
yang572033
Nov 21, 2005
check this, it may be a good choice for you

http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections