D
Posted By
DatAsian
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Heya! Got a strange case of cursor swapping here at one of the Windows 2000 machines.

It’s an Athlon XP 1800+ box with 768 MB DDR 2100. Back when we had Photoshop 6, we’d set the cursor/brush preferences to: Painting Cursor – Brush Size || Other Cursors – Precise

For some reason, after a while or a reboot, the preferences are marked the same but Painting Cursor goes to Precise mode. Checked and double-checked the preferences but Painting Cursor is on Brush Size. If I pick Precise now, Photoshop will show me the brush size >_<

Can someone help me?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2004
Are you sure you’re not hitting the CapsLock key?

Doing so toggles between precise and brush size.

I know it may sound obvious, but since you failed to make note that you know about this, I just thought I’d toss the idea out there.
D
DatAsian
Jun 30, 2004
I wasn’t aware of that actually. The graphics designer that sits at the desk does make use of that caplocks keys a lot. Thank you! I guess the next question is that…can it be disabled?
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2004
Not without getting in under the hood and editing code, as far as I know.

Perhaps one of our resident Windows/Code gurus will inform you that it can be, though.

Keep checking back on this thread. Perhaps bookmark it so you can find more easily in a day or two, or next week.
D
DatAsian
Jul 3, 2004
Thanks 🙂
R
rking
Jul 6, 2004
I have a similar problem. It happened in Photoshop 7, and now in CS. Occasionally, after a system re-boot, ALL of my preferences, cursor/brush preferences, scratch disk locations – everything. It drives me nuts. So I’m thinking what cures your problems will cure mine. Ron
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 7, 2004
make sure you completely exit photoshop before shutting down or restarting your machine. don’t let the OS take it down.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections