ZB
Posted By
Zul B
Jun 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a handy dandy utility that would do that for you? Or how can one do this manually?

tia

-z

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Clyde
Jun 1, 2005
Zul B wrote:
Is there a handy dandy utility that would do that for you? Or how can one do this manually?

tia

-z

Try this: http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/linedraw/linedraw.htm

Clyde
ND
Norm Dresner
Jun 1, 2005
"Zul B" wrote in message

If you’re not adverse to spending some money for a professional tool, there are dozens of programs for converting pictures into drawings for CAD programs and topographic maps into data for other uses as well. Based on a recent survey I did for my real job, these range in cost from around $80 USD to over $1500USD depending on the features and degree of processing required.

Nevertheless, I had need for one for purely technical purposes and chose the R2V Toolkit from AlgoLab
http://www.algolab.com/r2v.htm
which sells for $99 USD and for my purposes (turning mostly scanned drawings of aircraft into vector data for use in a specialized program that I wrote for my employer) its quite capable. But I’ve never tried it on anything even close to a "photograph" so I can’t really comment on how well it woud do that.

Norm
A
aRiz
Jun 1, 2005
usually i using Corel Trace to convert bitmap picture into vector and edit it in Corel Draw. in version 11 corel Trace do this job very clean. u can do it in various range of colour. u can make that photos in 2 colour. cool!
FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 1, 2005
If you happen to have a copy of Flash, it does a terrific job of doing this. If not, I know other people who use Streamline.

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z
K
KatWoman
Jun 1, 2005
I have Flash but am unfamiliar with that feature. How do you do it?

"Flo Nelson" wrote in message
If you happen to have a copy of Flash, it does a terrific job of doing this. If not, I know other people who use Streamline.

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z

WO
Wizard of Draws
Jun 2, 2005
On 6/1/05 8:58 AM, in article
, "Zul B"
spewed:

tia

-z

Streamline will do a good job if your image is hi-res.

Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com
FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 2, 2005
In Flash MX, it’s under the modify menu — trace bitmap. Select the image and select degree of accuracy – lower numbers, more accurate (likewise, pixel setting and many corners). Delete the background once you convert. Gives you totally vector based output – great when you need to enlarge something like a logo that the client no longer has original file for.

Processing a photo takes awhile and needs a good processor.

Flo

"KatWoman" wrote in message

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z

K
KatWoman
Jun 2, 2005
going to try it, although I have no idea what I would use it for thanks for the tip
In Flash MX, it’s under the modify menu — trace bitmap. Select the image and select degree of accuracy – lower numbers, more accurate (likewise, pixel setting and many corners). Delete the background once you convert. Gives you totally vector based output – great when you need to enlarge something like a logo that the client no longer has original file for.
Flo

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z

C
Chalky
Jun 2, 2005
I have tried this and it is pretty good – any idea how I can import a flash vector file created in this way into Illustrator CS?

Flo

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z

C
Chalky
Jun 2, 2005
Sorry – don’t worry – I have found that the file can be exported in Illustrator format

"Chalky" wrote in message
I have tried this and it is pretty good – any idea how I can import a flash vector file created in this way into Illustrator CS?

Flo

Flo

"Zul B" wrote in message

tia

-z

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections