Adobe 7.0 on Windows XP, How can a keep an object in color and convert the rest of my picture to gre

SS
Posted By
Sasha_Suto
Aug 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to photoshop and I have very little knowledge of layers. I would like to keep part of a picture in color and have the rest be converted to black and white. Example: I have a picture of a rose, I would like to keep the rose in color but change the backround to black and white. Can someone give a good explanation and point me in the right direction to an answer? Remember, Im new to this, please keep the answers in easy to understand terms. Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 20, 2007
Quickest method: desaturate the image, then paint back the colour with the history brush.

(There are better ways to lose the colour if the b/w quality is important.)
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 20, 2007
Or, make a selection of the area you want to be B&W and use an Adjustment Layer, either Hue and Saturation or Channel Mixer to make the area gray. The advantage is that you can edit it as much as you want that way.
B
Buko
Aug 20, 2007
or make a layer for the color and De-saturate the other layer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections