C
Posted By
Colton123456
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK i got Adobe PS 6 And 7…. I want a picture that is pretty big to about 982×100 in 6 i went to help then there was that resizing tool, but it had the too connected, so I couldnt change both…If I change one, the other would change..IS THERE A WAY TO UN LINK THEM…OR A NEW WAY ? A EITHER 6 OR 7 WILL BE FINE…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BO
Burton_Ogden
May 15, 2004
Colton,

If I understand what you are asking, and I am not certain I do, on the Image Size dialog, uncheck "Constrain Proportions".

— Burton —
C
Colton123456
May 15, 2004
well how would i do that it wont let me
DM
dave_milbut
May 15, 2004
I think you need to restate the question colton, i’m having a hard time understanding it too.

Image> Image Size from the menu is generally the way you resize an image. I don’t know what you mean by the "resizing tool". Do you mean the "Crop" tool?

about 982×100 in 6

ps version 6?

i went to help then there was that resizing tool

again, there is not "resizing tool". please tell us what you mean.

but it had the too connected,

what?

so I couldnt change both…

both what? both dimentions? if so, in image> image size, you’ll see a box that says "constrain proportions". this keeps you from "smooshing" your image when you change one dimetion and not the other … for example if you just change the 982 and leave the 100, your image will look flattened (fatter). if you still want to do this, uncheck the contstrain proportions box.

IS THERE A WAY TO UN LINK THEM…OR A NEW WAY ?

I think the constrain proportions box is the thing you’re after. Let us know how you make out.

dave
C
Colton123456
May 16, 2004
Ok..

I got PS version 6 and 7

I just want to resize an image from like 1268×768 or something to 982×100 for a banner…Where would I go on PS to do that..Where I can just type in the dimensions and it changes it for me….
DM
dave_milbut
May 16, 2004
IMAGE> IMAGE SIZE… UNCHECK THE CONSTRAIN PROPORTIONS BOX!
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 16, 2004
You realize that this will "warp" the image?

Mac
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2004
I said that too. 🙂
SJ
Stevie_J_V
May 17, 2004
Two, to, too, 2, toot, it’s just to much for a young fella two absorb.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections