H
Posted By
howldog
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Somewhere i read that there was a certain percentage you should resize images in photoshop…. to retain detail… i’m trying to scale down a logo for a powerpoint presentation. I cant remember what the percentage is… , but the procedure was, repeated scaling down at the certain percentage, would yield better results than a single scale-down at a higher percentage….

anybody know?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JC
J C
Aug 27, 2003
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:23:20 -0400, howldog
wrote:

Somewhere i read that there was a certain percentage you should resize images in photoshop…. to retain detail… i’m trying to scale down a logo for a powerpoint presentation. I cant remember what the percentage is… , but the procedure was, repeated scaling down at the certain percentage, would yield better results than a single scale-down at a higher percentage….

anybody know?

I’ve never read anything like that and would doubt its accuracy.

You’re better off resizing in one shot … particularly if you’re using the jpg format.

The other thing about your post… for the best results you should have started with the original logo in EPS format, but that’s a whole ‘nother story.

— JC
H
howldog
Aug 27, 2003
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:54:59 GMT, J C wrote:

wrote:

anybody know?

i just found it, altho it wasnt exactly how i remembered: – in a booklet from an adobe photoshop seminar tour:

"the trick is to zoom out (either by keyboard shortcut or from the View menu) on your image to either a 50%, 25%, or 12.5% magnification (whichever is closest to desired final size). As long as you use one of these three magnifications, your image wont be nearly as blurry as using the Image Size dialog box.

Apply the Unsharp Mask filter two or three times until the image looks sharp (Dont zoom back out)

then do a screen capture of the image, open that in photoshop, and optimize for web."

this isnt exaclty what i wanted to do, but it is a nice tip, and it does work.

My originals were in EPS form, i had pretty good results figuring out exactly what size they needed to be in final, and rasterising them at that size, for my project.

The other thing about your post… for the best results you should have started with the original logo in EPS format, but that’s a whole ‘nother story.

did i say they werent?
D
DosBoss57
Aug 27, 2003
I read that somewhere too. I looked through my Killer Tips book and the latest issue of Photoshop User and can’t find it anywhere. I may have seen it on some tutorial site or something but i know i saw that technique somewhere

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:15:14 -0400, howldog
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:54:59 GMT, J C wrote:

wrote:

anybody know?

i just found it, altho it wasnt exactly how i remembered: – in a booklet from an adobe photoshop seminar tour:

"the trick is to zoom out (either by keyboard shortcut or from the View menu) on your image to either a 50%, 25%, or 12.5% magnification (whichever is closest to desired final size). As long as you use one of these three magnifications, your image wont be nearly as blurry as using the Image Size dialog box.

Apply the Unsharp Mask filter two or three times until the image looks sharp (Dont zoom back out)

then do a screen capture of the image, open that in photoshop, and optimize for web."

this isnt exaclty what i wanted to do, but it is a nice tip, and it does work.

My originals were in EPS form, i had pretty good results figuring out exactly what size they needed to be in final, and rasterising them at that size, for my project.

did i say they werent?

DosBoss57

Imagine all the people living life in peace !
C
catchascatchcan2001
Aug 27, 2003
can do

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections