S
Posted By
StevePlym
Dec 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometime ago I uninstalled Photoshop CS3 from my pc.

Now I want to re install the software but once the process has completed I get a message saying that something is wrong with my licensing.

I doesn’t give me chance to enter my serial number so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Could it be that I didn’t perform a thorough uninstall in the first place? Have I left something behind in the registry – or deleted something I should have left?

Any assistance would be helpful.

Steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

FA
Frank Arthur
Dec 17, 2008
"StevePlym" wrote in message

Now I want to re install the software but once the process has completed I get a message saying that something is wrong with my licensing.

I doesn’t give me chance to enter my serial number so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Could it be that I didn’t perform a thorough uninstall in the first place? Have I left something behind in the registry – or deleted something I should have left?

Steve
If you have a legitimate copy Adobe would be glad to help you.
J
Jurgen
Dec 17, 2008
Frank Arthur wrote:

Steve

A bit messy but:
You need to deactivate the program before you reload it. If you didn’t and you get the "Indian double talk" from Adobe and like many, just hang up in disgust there is still a way.

When PS starts it goes to Adobe’s site and checks to see if it’s been authenticated. This is when you get the nasty message. If you disconnect from the Internet you may be able to start the program if you have a genuine serial number entered. Use the deactivate feature then and reconnect your PC to the Internet while PS is still running.

At the next boot it should ask you to activate and provided it’s a legitimate copy, it will. Of course if you just bought the PC it’s got a pirate copy installed, you’ll need to pay for a license.
R
Rob
Dec 18, 2008
StevePlym wrote:

Steve

Check this out and see if it helps

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 401528&sliceId=2

usually fixes the problem.

r
R
Rob
Dec 18, 2008
Jurgen wrote:
Frank Arthur wrote:

Steve

A bit messy but:
You need to deactivate the program before you reload it. If you didn’t and you get the "Indian double talk" from Adobe and like many, just hang up in disgust there is still a way.

When PS starts it goes to Adobe’s site and checks to see if it’s been authenticated. This is when you get the nasty message. If you disconnect from the Internet you may be able to start the program if you have a genuine serial number entered. Use the deactivate feature then and reconnect your PC to the Internet while PS is still running.
At the next boot it should ask you to activate and provided it’s a legitimate copy, it will. Of course if you just bought the PC it’s got a pirate copy installed, you’ll need to pay for a license.

You ever looked up the self help with out going on with all that crap.
R
Rob
Dec 18, 2008
Frank Arthur wrote:

What makes you question the legality of the program which is being installed. Haven’t you any other suggestions?????

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections