Posted By
Scott_Darling
Jan 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I just put together a new comp system based on Vista 64 (I used to have XP Pro 32 bit). So I reinstalled photoshop and to my surprise there are two versions in my startup menu (as well as on my C: drive)… one actually has 64 bit in the name and the other does not (so I assume it is the 32 bit version).
I’m not sure on the best way to deal with this… should I just delete the 32 bit icon in startup so I do not accidentally use it; or is there a way to just uninstall the 32 bit version only; or just uninstall the whole thing again and reinstall hoping it won’t do it again?

I am just not sure if this is a big problem or not. I only had to enter my s/n number once and both versions seem to work. I also double checked in explorer and there are two instances of it… one in Program Files, and one in Program Files (x86).

Lightroom 2 seemed to install properly in Program Files.

Any insight on what to do with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CH
CR_Henderson
Jan 28, 2009
It is normal. Both the 64 and 32 bit versions are installed on Vista x64 systems. You don’t have to do anything to remove either one–in fact you shouldn’t.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 28, 2009
This is the normal situation. Why change it?

You never know when yo might need the 32-bit version and, unless you’ve messed around with things, the 64-bit version will normally start by default.

Just leave it alone.
SD
Scott_Darling
Jan 28, 2009
Interesting…

I am new to this 64 bit OS thing and seeing how some programs are installing just throws me for a bit of a loop temporarily.

Thanks for the info! I will leave well enough alone then. I just wanted to make sure things were acting normally.

Scott

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections