Posted By
deco_time
Feb 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Anybody knows how far behind the current version of adobe software we can be and still get the special upgrade price?

I must admit I’m quite a bit behind in both my Illustrator and Photoshop version; they suits my need just fine for now, but at every new Window version I’m worried that they won’t work on it. Eventually I will have to upgrade if only to be able to run them on the latest operating system; I would just like that day to be as far in the future as possible :).

I haven’t found any clear info on the Adobe site about this.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hecate
Feb 4, 2005
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:04:43 -0500, "deco_time" wrote:

Hi,

Anybody knows how far behind the current version of adobe software we can be and still get the special upgrade price?

I must admit I’m quite a bit behind in both my Illustrator and Photoshop version; they suits my need just fine for now, but at every new Window version I’m worried that they won’t work on it. Eventually I will have to upgrade if only to be able to run them on the latest operating system; I would just like that day to be as far in the future as possible :).
Thanks.
Last I hear, v4 for PS. Don’t know about Illy.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
DT
deco_time
Feb 4, 2005
Hecate wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

So I should be safe until the 64 bits version of Window then. Thanks Hecate.
H
Hecate
Feb 5, 2005
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:16:54 -0500, "deco_time" wrote:

Thanks.

RC1 is out now, so you haven’t got long <g>

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
DT
deco_time
Feb 5, 2005
Hecate wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, of course, but I meant when the whole chain as gone 64 bits. I’m a videographer/video editor first, doubled as a music composer and when my video editing and music sequencer suit as gone 64 bits, I’ll have no choice but to follow then, with all that ensue. I see the sign at the horizon, yes, but I don’t think that that’s for tomorrow.

PS and Illi are not at the heart of my system; essential yes, but I can often make do with less than the latest (heck, I often work with the Gimp when I’m at other peoples place, and that never stopped me from doing what I wanted). I would totally hate to have to pay full price again when update time comes around thought.
H
Hecate
Feb 6, 2005
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:25:58 -0500, "deco_time" wrote:

Hecate wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, of course, but I meant when the whole chain as gone 64 bits. I’m a videographer/video editor first, doubled as a music composer and when my video editing and music sequencer suit as gone 64 bits, I’ll have no choice but to follow then, with all that ensue. I see the sign at the horizon, yes, but I don’t think that that’s for tomorrow.

PS and Illi are not at the heart of my system; essential yes, but I can often make do with less than the latest (heck, I often work with the Gimp when I’m at other peoples place, and that never stopped me from doing what I wanted). I would totally hate to have to pay full price again when update time comes around thought.
Understand. Different for me, it’s PS/Illy/Painter that matter 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
BD
Bob Davis
Feb 6, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message

Hi,

Anybody knows how far behind the current version of adobe software we can be
and still get the special upgrade price?

Thanks.

Adobe’s site indicates any version of PS will do. Here’s a quote from their upgrade site
( http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catPho toshopUpgrade):

"To install upgrade successfully, you will need a licensed version of Photoshop 7.0 or earlier on the same platform as this purchase."

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections