Posted By
Andy_Steel
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

I created a design for a website on photoshop CS, and it was working fine…I could open it again and again without any problems. Now, all of a sudden I get the message "some layers of text might need to be updated before they can be used for vector output. Do you want to update these now" If I click update, it completely wipes all the text off my design, if I click no and try to select any text I get the message "editing or rendering the text layer will cause its layout to change" then it wipes the text also.

I can’t win! It was working fine before, it’s only arial regular too, a system font! Can anybody help? I read in the forum Spyware Doctor can be a problem but I never have this running whilst I am using photoshop. When I double click the layers to update it again wipes the text

what’s going on???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Andy_Steel
Feb 5, 2007
anybody?
B
Bernie
Feb 5, 2007
Could the font be corrupted?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 5, 2007
Never encountered that. Maybe a corrupted font? Can you back out of the file to a saved version before this happened and Trash/Reset Preferences and reopen?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 5, 2007
Another thought, can you open it in ImageReady? Sinmce it’s for the web the type can be rasterized unless you need an editable version.
BD
Brent_DeGraaf
Feb 6, 2007
I had this happen when a machine I was using didn’t have the font installed that was used on some of the layers. Instead of updating, try messing around with the fonts on those layers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections