Posted By
Jason_Mortimer
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I am curious, regarding my designs, how I am doing and what I need to work on to improve. Ignore the code/html if at all possible. That is a whole other story. Am working on though. Thanks to those with constructive criticism.

http://www.empiredezign.com/

Jason E Mortimer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MA
Mark_Allen
Apr 27, 2004
Looks Good, although V slightly busy but well laid out. Maybe you should try and concentrate on a few ideas and run with those. I know you want to show as much as possible but pick a few cream subjects and push them.

I’m particularly impressed with your "Header". If you did that from scratch, if I were you I’d stick to that. Excellent!!!

Regards

Mark
JM
Jason_Mortimer
Apr 28, 2004
thanks Mark but am wondering what exactly you mean by a few ideas and run with those. What cream subjects do you think I should stick to. Thanks again for your suggestions and I am looking forward to your reply. 🙂

Jason E. Mortimer

wrote in message
Looks Good, although V slightly busy but well laid out. Maybe you should
try and concentrate on a few ideas and run with those. I know you want to show as much as possible but pick a few cream subjects and push them.
I’m particularly impressed with your "Header". If you did that from
scratch, if I were you I’d stick to that. Excellent!!!
Regards

Mark
L
LenHewitt
Apr 28, 2004
JAson,

I have deleted your (duplicate) topic "Help With Designs"

Please do not post mutiple topics for the same question – doing so makes it more difficult for you and others to find the relevant replies and can also upset the natives.
MA
Mark_Allen
Apr 28, 2004
Jason,

What I mean is this. You are showing all your possible clients almost everything you are doing regarding design etc. This may be good for a shop window and browsing but other designers can steal your ideas and as you come up with new ideas you will obviously keep putting them on your website so the whole lot will get bogged down.

Don’t sell too many specific products. Your ability is obvious. Sell not only yourself, (Ability) but also solutions, give prospective clients a reason to want you AND your products. Create an interest for your products and why you are best.

Instill also a bit of self belief and esteem. Are McDonalds better than Burger King or Wimpy’s. No, but they believe they are and they have created a belief and a reason for buying their products.

Get it now?

Anyway, I have a tendancy to ramble but if you get a nuggett well I’ve helped you.

Regards

Mark
MA
Mark_Allen
May 5, 2004
Well Jason, how are you getting on?

regards

mark

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections