K
Posted By
karenspook
Jul 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am about to undertake a project to digitize hundreds (or thousands) of photos. My method may result in either a black or cork-colored border on the sides of some of the photos (shooting them with a video camera). Does photoshop offer an automated way to remove these borders, without individually editing each photo?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jul 7, 2007
wrote in message
I am about to undertake a project to digitize hundreds (or thousands) of photos. My method may result in either a black or cork-colored border on the sides of some of the photos (shooting them with a video camera). Does photoshop offer an automated way to remove these borders, without individually editing each photo?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

You would need to create an action to automate the process (Google Photoshop action tutorials)
If the border is of a uniform thickness (pixel width) on each image, you could create an action that opened each image, selected all the image (ctrl+a)
Then Select>Border and input the width of the border to be removed by the next step, which is delete.
You would then do a save as and save the file to another folder. Easier than a rename.
To run your action, you go to File>Automate>Batch. Filling this step should be explained in any action tutorials you find.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections