MW
Posted By
Martin Waddell
Mar 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to add( copy and paste) photographs of family members to a coloured photograph scanned from a newspaper. The people in the newspaer photograph are obviously composed of many dots whereas my copied and pasted family members are not ( at the degree of magnification I am using) . How can I make the family members have the same dot texture as those in the scanned photograph?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
ronviers
Mar 18, 2008
On Mar 17, 6:29 pm, "Martin Waddell" wrote:
I am trying to add( copy and paste) photographs of family members to a coloured photograph scanned from a newspaper. The people in the newspaer photograph are obviously composed of many dots whereas my copied and pasted family members are not ( at the degree of magnification I am using) . How can I make the family members have the same dot texture as those in the scanned photograph?

Would it be possible to post a link to an image of the texture you want to convert the photos to?

Thanks,
Ron
MS
Malcolm Smith
Mar 18, 2008
Is the newspaper photo a recent one? If so a lot of newspapers will sell you a proper photo of a recent image at reasonable cost. The scan of the newspaper image will never be much good.

Maklcolm
J
jjs
Mar 18, 2008
"Martin Waddell" wrote in message

The dots are from a half-tone screen. For those without the dots, set the mode to bitmap, choose half-tone, dot. You will have to experiment a bit.
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 18, 2008
"Martin Waddell" wrote:

How about removing the dots from the newspaper images? If you don’t mind a bit of experimentation, you can do a good job of removing the dots, using a free FFT plugin:
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections