PT
Posted By
Paula_Thompson
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make an image look like it has been screenprinted on an open weave fabric. Scanning fabric and using layer blending modes and opacities does not quite work, because it gives an overall colour tint to the image (the colour of the fabric). Whereas i want to keep the strong colour of the image. I have also tried loading the fabric as a texture in the filter command (texturizer), but that does not seem to create this effect either. It does not give the open weave effect I am looking for and seems to soften the effect. Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GM
Glenn_Mitchell
Nov 10, 2003
You could remove the color of the fabric using Image|Mode|Grayscale or Image|Adjustments|Channel Mixer and then clicking the Monochrome box and adjust the channel percentages to give you the best contrast.

Then you could use layer blending modes and adjust opacities.

Cheers,

Mitch
O
Ol__Whozit
Nov 10, 2003
You could also load one of the many open weave textures that ship with Photoshop. Copy from your CD into your presets file.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections