CB
Posted By
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let’s say I have to images open in Photoshop CS4 / Mac (IMG-A and IMG-B. I am making some adjustment layer in IMG-A and I want to be able to copy it to IMG-B. How do I do that?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
pfigen
Feb 7, 2009
All you need to do is drag the actual adjustment layer from one image to the other. Simple as that.
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Well, that’s what I used to do in Windows. However, in Mac OS X this is not working.

I have Photoshop CS4 and Mac OS X 10.5.6

Catalin
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
I mean I have all images each in it’s own tab. I am dragging the adjustment layer to the tab of the target image but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
If you go to Window menu/Arrange/"Float all in Windows": the images will no longer in Tabs, you will be able to drag-copy the layers between the different images.
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks, Ann, now it all works.

Thanks to everyone who replied trying to help!

Catalin
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
So glad that it worked.

🙂
P
pfigen
Feb 7, 2009
Oh yeah – Tabs, what a freaking great invention. The first thing I do is disable that crap. For someone like me who drags everything between documents literally a couple hundred times a day or more, they are the worst thing ever.
P
PShock
Feb 7, 2009
Dragging elements from one image to another via tabs does actually work.

You can’t simply drag and let go … the key is drag to the tab, hold for a second until the tabbed image comes to the front … and THEN let go.

-phil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
Yes, Phil, but it works so slowly!

I find the N-up button (Arrange Documents) on the application bar quite useful for opening sufficient windows.
P
PShock
Feb 7, 2009
Agreed on the "slowly". If grafting between docs on a regular basis, the frustration is certainly understandable.

I just wanted to mention that it does actually work.
S
Studiograph
Mar 23, 2009
I cannot figure out how it drag a layer group from one document to another when using tabs. Have tried Phil’s suggestion of dragging onto the tab and waiting a second, which is frustrating enough, but this still does not work. I have also tried dragging with all the various combinations of modifier key held down, but still no joy.

With this functionality, tabbed documents are useless for me.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 23, 2009
You could use the Arrange (N-up) button to see all open files simultaneously.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections