JC
Posted By
James_Caldwell
Apr 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 7 running on a Windows 2000 system. When I double click on an icon in a directory, ONLY if the file is a .PSD file will Photoshop start and open the image. If it is .TIFF, .JPEG etc. Photoshop starts but the image doesn’t open (I then have to go through the file>open> business to see my image). This was not the case in Photoshop 6. I have tried reinstalling the application but still get the same behavior. Is there some option I need to set to get Photoshop to acutally open non .PSD images automatically?

Note: Windows 2000 (all patches) fast Athlon CPU, 1.25 GB memory, lots of disk.

thanks,
jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JustinBlain
Apr 26, 2004
I am reciving an error every time i load photoshop 7 of
"Could not initalize photoshop because there is not enough memory(RAM)"

But there is enough memory. i have reinstalled photoshop, windows xp pro twice there are no other mem intencive programs running on my system and i have 450 out of 512 megs of ram free. What is the problem?!

was checking online and many people have had this problem but there were no posted soloutions. i need a simple streight answer for what to do. One post mentioned removeing certin dll’s that may have been corrupted but did not name them. If anyone can answer this question please i need help.

-Justin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections