SB
Posted By
Shawn_Brown
Aug 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I use photoshop cs2. Are you able to open Indesign files in CS3? I am considering upgrading.

Shawn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 19, 2008
Not normally. If they are saved as PDF you could…

Two totally different kinds of programs.
BH
BILL_HUNT
Aug 29, 2008
No. As Ed states, they are two different programs with totally different uses.

Now, you can Place PS files (any version of PSD) into InDesign (or AI). I have had a very few problems with recent PSDs, without Compatibility checked NOT opening in InDesign. Folk tell me that this is not an issue between CS3 InDesign & PS, but I cannot check this.

Do your layout work in InDesign and your photo work in PS. Only other option would be, again as Ed states, use a PDF, but it will get rasterized in PS, and will not be easily editable.

Hunt
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 30, 2008
PSDs into ID work fine but a couple of things should be noted:

Any text or vectors will be rasterized. If you have a file like that use PDF instead.

There’s also this:

http://indesignsecrets.com/screen-artifacts-on-transparent-p sds-in-exported-pdfs-can-be-deceivingmost-of-the-time.php

Bob
DG
deepkamal.gilani
Feb 25, 2013
ANY one help me!! my Indesig file open in photoshop becouse my indesign software corrput .
AR
Alan Ralph
Feb 27, 2013
On 2013-02-25 07:46:27 +0000, said:

ANY one help me!! my Indesig file open in photoshop becouse my indesign software corrput .

Are you on Windows or Mac? Sounds like there’s confusion on your system as to what application is supposed to open InDesign files – but the solution will depend on the operating system.

Alan Ralph – Wearer Of Many Hats

http://about.me/alanralph

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections