D
Posted By
David
Jun 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I open an image the ‘Embedded Profile Mismatch’ warning box pops up. When it asks how do you want to proceed, which should I choose and how can this be set as default so i don’t keep getting the pop up box?

Thnaks for your help.

david

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
ronwong
Jun 27, 2003
In article , "James Norris"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
Whenever I open an image the ‘Embedded Profile Mismatch’ warning box pops up. When it asks how do you want to proceed, which should I choose and
how
can this be set as default so i don’t keep getting the pop up box?
This subject is discussed on pages 90 through 96 of the Photoshop 7 manual. Jim

It’s also in the Photoshop Help application.

Open your PS application and go to the Help menu and select "Photoshop Help".

Do a search for "color management" and select "Setting up color management".

It’s all there.

You might want to browse around and find out what "Color management" is all about while you are at it.

I suspect you’ve been saving your work in PS without noticing that it saves it with an embedded Color Profile (the default is sRGB IEC61966-2.1). You can just click this feature off but I think you ought to take the time to find out what it is all about. It can be very useful (look into "About color management" in the Help program).

ron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections