P
Posted By
pdlouis
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a lot of photos, and they all come in via camera or scanner with an embedded profile. When I mass open these, say 50 at a time, I have to punch yes on the "use the embedded profile" 50 times. It takes for ever, and its driving me nuts.

I can’t find where to disable this dialog box. Any hints?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 27, 2003
Edit- Color Settings – Color Management Policies – RGB – Preserve Embedded Profiles should do the trick.
P
pdlouis
Nov 28, 2003
Hey thanx…this worked find….of course it popped a dialog, but it gave me the choice of not asking again.

which all of course leads to the desire for a complete preference browser tree like you find in a lot of products these days.

In the case I didn’t want to return *all* the default warnings on, is there someplace I could turn *just the one* back on that I clicked wrong?

In any case, thanx much for your help….I knew it was out there somewhere!

– Louis
P
pdlouis
Nov 28, 2003
now I am getting a "missing profile" dialog box, with "leave as is" selected as the default.

Apparenlty another preference needs to be indicated for this.

I didn’t see an obvious one under the edit color profile setting.

Where can I get rid of this dialog box?
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 28, 2003
I think you probably need to uncheck "Ask when opening". I suggest you have a look at the articles on PS Color Management on www.computer-darkroom.com to find out more about this complex subject.
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Nov 28, 2003
pdlouis,

the policy:
Embedded profiles should be used.
Everything should be converted to Working Space.
If no profile is embedded then assume sRGB color space.

IMO, this can be done without dialogue only by these settings: Working space: sRGB
Check………Convert to Working Space
Uncheck…..Profile Mismatch
Uncheck….Ask when opening

If your Working Space is Adobe RGB(98) then an automatic conversion of untagged images (which are most likely near to sRGB) would be wrong, because the information "Assign sRGB" is missing.

If sRGB is not assigned, then the sRGB numbers are used as ARGB numbers – wrong appearance.

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections