Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting a message box that says ’embedded profile mismatch’

It says EMBEDDED: sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
WORKING: Adobe RGB (1998)

What’s my best choice in these circumstances? Use the embedded profile; Convert color’s to working space; discard embedded profile.

I am asking in this new thread because it may relate to another thread where I am having problems with print image not matching the PE image

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Apr 30, 2004
Robert,

In my opinion, it would have been better if you had continued this in the same discussion as the other questions. I think you are referring to your "Color Management" discussion which I have been following. As I recall from reading those messages, you made no mention of differing profiles. And I think that information will probably provide you with help from someone who has been working with you in the other thread. Unfortunately, I’m afraid any information I would try to give you would not be accurate enough.

Jim
RR
Robert_Rundbaken
Apr 30, 2004
I understand. This was more general to any file so I wanted to know of the choices that are presented when opening the file which should be selected. Embed, convert or discard.

So in general what would i do in this instance, what’s generally the best choice.
JH
Jim_Hess
Apr 30, 2004
Well, here goes nothing. I have only had that happen to me a couple of times back when I was worrying about all this color management stuff. But I chose to switch to the working profile, and it seemed to work fine for me. I don’t know if that’s the correct answer or the best choice, but it worked in my case. One thing to remember is to save the image to a new file so that you still have the original in case you need to start over again.
BB
brent_bertram
Apr 30, 2004
I think I’d concur with Jim’s advice to convert to the working space. This is particularly true if you’re going from the restrictive sRGB space to the wider gamut AdobeRGB colorspace. It shouldn’t hurt, and will give greater color flexibility during the editting process.

🙂

Brent
HH
hubert_hofer
Dec 6, 2006
ok guys, lost again. advise appreciated. this suddenly started to pop up everytime i open a pic. can’t find an answer in faq

the document has an embedded color profile that does not match the current rgb working space. embedded camera rgb profile
working apple rgb

camera coolpix 8800 mac book pro
HH
hubert_hofer
Dec 6, 2006
hi again, just sorted out the problem. cheers H
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
you would be better off using Adobe RGB than Apple RGB
BG
Bruce_Green
Oct 23, 2008
Hi

I have a Nikon D300, color space set to AdobeRGB. i am shooting in Raw NEF. In Raw when i convert to gray scale i get thefollowing message:

‘the document ….. has an embedded color profile that does not match the current working space. "

Photoshop CS3 is set to use color space North America Prepress 2, default is Adobe RGB(1998). I know it seems basic but what is it best to just use embedded profile or is it best do something else.

Is it best to change the color space to another setting? Thanks for your time.

Regards Bruce
L
Lundberg02
Oct 23, 2008
It appears as though you don’t understand the concepts.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 23, 2008
Do a "Open as Smart Object"

That way you can retain the capture space in the file but you are working in the Adobe RGB working space.

It’s best to do your image edits "in" Photoshop in a uniform color space.
BG
Bruce_Green
Oct 23, 2008
Hi

Yes lundberg i guess i would not be asking for help if i did. Thanks Mike that works just fine.

Cheers Bruce
PT
PATRICIA_TOWNSEND
Nov 9, 2008
I’m using ps3 and after loading my pics from my camera into photoshop i get this message on every photo that i open. I use the spyder2 to calibrate my montor and have that set as my default profile. In photoshop it shows the embedded sRGB and some number. Is there a setting that i can change that will change the photos to the spyderexpress 2 profile in photoshop. Thanks
B
Buko
Nov 9, 2008
Do not use your monitor profile as your working space choose sRGB or Adobe RGB
F
Freeagent
Nov 10, 2008
Patricia,

Your Spyder profile "works" even if it isn’t set as your working space.

The two have very different purposes. The monitor profile is there to "translate" your standard working space to the peculiar particulars of your specific monitor. If you use that as your working space you won’t notice anything wrong on your own system, but wait till you try to show your pictures on another computer…
F
Freeagent
Nov 10, 2008
In other words, it defeats the whole purpose of calibration.
PT
PATRICIA_TOWNSEND
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks for explaining that to me.I would never get that message pop until i calibrated monitor with the spyder and saved the profile. I had no idea how it works. So i will select the sRGB from now on.
Thanks
F
Freeagent
Nov 10, 2008
The nice thing about the Spyder is that you just run it and forget about it. You don’t have to do anything.

sRGB is pretty fail-safe as a working space and the best choice until you get more experienced.

🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections