Q: Recalculating Picture Resolution via Batch Job?

RC
Posted By
Roman Cwienk
Dec 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I use Photoshop and have to resample the sesolution of about 200 JPG files, which where scanned with a much too high resolution of my scan service provider.

I don’t find any way in Photoshop (5 and 7) to make a batch job that resamples each file and saves it on disk automatically.

Thanks
Roman.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RC
Roman Cwienk
Dec 28, 2004
"Roman Cwienk" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

I use Photoshop and have to resample the sesolution of about 200 JPG
files,
which where scanned with a much too high resolution of my scan service provider.

I don’t find any way in Photoshop (5 and 7) to make a batch job that resamples each file and saves it on disk automatically.

Thanks
Roman.

yeah I got it I got it I got it…..

It can easyli be dine via the "action" tool, recording the change of the picture’s resolution and than applying with File => Automate => Batch. Roman.
E
edjh
Dec 28, 2004
Roman Cwienk wrote:
"Roman Cwienk" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hello,

I use Photoshop and have to resample the sesolution of about 200 JPG

files,

which where scanned with a much too high resolution of my scan service provider.

Thanks
Roman.

yeah I got it I got it I got it…..

It can easyli be dine via the "action" tool, recording the change of the picture’s resolution and than applying with File => Automate => Batch. Roman.
Yes, but I think what you might want is the pixel dimensions rather than resolution (ppi). If these images are destined for the web that kind of resolution is irrelevant.

An action using Save for Web might be what you need.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections