P
Posted By
pmind
Jun 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone please explain…I have just created a solid color adjustment layer with the values of C=90, M=57, Y=0, K=0 (per customer instruction), however when I double click on the adjustment layer I see that the values have changed to C=91, M=61, Y=5, K=1. Every time I change the values to use only 2 colors, they change back as described. Must a certain number of the colors (say 3 or 4) contain a value in order to use CMYK? Is it possible to use only 2 colors? Does this situation have anything at all to do with the colors settings? I’m using CS on a PC if that matters at all. Thanks in advance. Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Jun 20, 2007
pmind wrote:
Can someone please explain…I have just created a solid color adjustment layer with the values of C=90, M=57, Y=0, K=0 (per customer instruction), however when I double click on the adjustment layer I see that the values have changed to C=91, M=61, Y=5, K=1. Every time I change the values to use only 2 colors, they change back as described. Must a certain number of the colors (say 3 or 4) contain a value in order to use CMYK? Is it possible to use only 2 colors? Does this situation have anything at all to do with the colors settings? I’m using CS on a PC if that matters at all. Thanks in advance. Paul
You’re probably in RGB mode. Change your image to CMYK and the numbers will stay put.

RGB mode does not directly store the CMYK values, and must convert them to and from RGB, which spreads the data into all four CMYK channels.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
P
pmind
Jun 20, 2007
On Jun 20, 10:46 am, Mike Russell
wrote:
pmind wrote:

You’re probably in RGB mode. Change your image to CMYK and the numbers will stay put.

RGB mode does not directly store the CMYK values, and must convert them to and from RGB, which spreads the data into all four CMYK channels.

Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

Duh, indeed it does stay put; thanks Mike! I guess my head is still a little foggy from vacation!
T
Tacit
Jun 21, 2007
In article ,
pmind wrote:

Can someone please explain…I have just created a solid color adjustment layer with the values of C=90, M=57, Y=0, K=0 (per customer instruction), however when I double click on the adjustment layer I see that the values have changed to C=91, M=61, Y=5, K=1. Every time I change the values to use only 2 colors, they change back as described.

You are working in RGB, not CMYK. If you want to use specific CMYK values, work in CMYK.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections