Best Choice ? Export Photoshop to Maya, lightwave, 3dstudio, Poser, Vue, etc..

BT
Posted By
BlueSky_TheMan
Oct 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Date: Mon, Oct 30 2006 5:02 pm
Email: "BlueSky_TheMan"
Groups: adobe.photoshop.windows
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Howdy all !

I’m interested in feedback from folks that have some experience using photoshop in connection with other digital art apps.

I’m relatively new to photoshop but having self proclaimed success at a

workflow involving making detail sketches by hand scanning, adding to photoshop and rendering textures and shading as needed. A recent project has been proposed to me that would benefit from being able to do the following:

1)
Moving 2D photoshop human figures to a 3D app to build models. This doesn’t have to be full modeling for animation, I just basically want to have more freedom in adding clothing/texture, depth, and/or realistic shading to these images.

2)
Moving 2D photoshop inanimate objects to a 3D app.
I would like to build objects from my 2d sketches/renderings that can be given dimension and facilitate placing in a scene with mutliple perspectives (profile, top, side, far away, close up)

I have NO experience with any of these other apps. I’ve read all the web sites selling this software but it’s hard to get a handle on what’s

easiest to use, what’s overkill, and/or what’s insufficient for my needs.

Does anyone have words of wisdom regarding this need to build models from 2 dimensional photoshop images?

Thanks ahead of Time for your responses.
Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections