T
Posted By
Tim923
Sep 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am scanning old school photos. The photos are glued to colored paper to serve as a frame.

I scanned them revealing some of the frame since I didn’t want to leave any part of the original photo out.

Is there a way to do a careful fine crop on each 4 sides removing lines of pixels one at a time with a repeated key stroke.

I know about adjusting Canvas Size, but it’s slow.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Bill Hilton
Sep 16, 2006
Tim923 wrote:
I am scanning old school photos. The photos are glued to colored paper to serve as a frame.

I scanned them revealing some of the frame since I didn’t want to leave any part of the original photo out.

Is there a way to do a careful fine crop on each 4 sides removing lines of pixels one at a time with a repeated key stroke.

I used to run into a similar problem doing film scans and picking up parts of the mount … one easy way is to use the Crop tool, set the ‘shield’ option, zoom out so you can see the entire image and draw the crop box, go to 100% zoom and look at the corners and adjust the crop box as needed, then accept the cropping.

Bill
J
j
Sep 16, 2006
Tim923 wrote:

If the background (outside the frame) has a singular color, (or can be selected using the magic wand), then you can use the TRIM option.

Otherwise, if you want one-pixel cropping horizontal or vertical, go to the marquee selection. It has one-pixel vertical and horizontal options. Just click to make the marquee, and arrow keys to move it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections