BR
Posted By
B_R_Oliver
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to take an image out of a picture that I have in Photoshop Elements 2.0. I have used the Magic wand to select it. Now I want to copy it to another picture in Photo Explosion (another software program I have). I can’t get the copy paste function to work with this. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.

Thanks, Brian

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 14, 2004
Brian,

You may have to copy the selection to a new image in Elements and then save it, and bring it into your other program.

Although, I’m not sure why the copy paste function isn’t working. When you went to edit>copy was copy available or grayed out? Also make sure that you are on the correct layer of your image to do the copying.

Dick
BR
B_R_Oliver
Jun 14, 2004
Thanks, The copy function was available. Layering could be the problem. I am new to this. I may not have all the layers selected. I do not know how to do this. When I seleted the image, I could move it and it would leave a red image behind. When I tried to paste the image, I got the whole picture, not what I selected with the wand. Maybe this will identify my problem.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 14, 2004
You also have to be sure that "export clipboard" is enabled in your preferences. It’s a checkbox on the first preferences screen.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 14, 2004
Oops. Your second post wasn’t there when I started. No, it’s not the prefs.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections