Y
Posted By
yogall
Oct 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is probably something so simple, but I can’t seem to figure it out. I have Adobe 6.0 on my machine. I use it mostly for my digital pictures and making simple images for my personal website.

My hubby is doing a presentation where he needs an arched line and thinks I should know how to accomplish that. So, please help me show him I know what I’m doing! LOL

TIA!

Yolanda

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Oct 4, 2006
There are a few ways. One is to make a straight line and bend it using Spherize or Shear.

Another is to use the Pen tool and stroke it. Another would be to make a circle Shape or Marquee, Stroke and then erase the portion of the circle you don’t want.

A really slick way is to use the Type tool and make a line ___ and use Text Warp to make an arc.

I’m sure others will have additional ideas.
JS
John_Slate
Oct 4, 2006
Just an FYI:

If you continue to visit this forum, and continue to refer to Photoshop as "Adobe" you will probably get corrected on that point. "Adobe" is the company, not the software.

It’s a bit of a pet-peeve for many of the regulars here, you see.
P
Phosphor
Oct 4, 2006
"…you will probably get corrected…"

And John (Fred Flintstone’s boss) Slate is just the man for the job!

😉 XD
JS
John_Slate
Oct 4, 2006
OK so he/she will continue to be corrected?

Happy now?

NOW GET BACK TO YOUR DINOSAURS AND DIG!!!
P
Phosphor
Oct 4, 2006
🙂
BK
Bill K
Oct 4, 2006
wrote:
There are a few ways. One is to make a straight line and bend it using Spherize or Shear.
Another is to use the Pen tool and stroke it. Another would be to make a circle Shape or Marquee, Stroke and then erase the portion of the circle you don’t want.

A really slick way is to use the Type tool and make a line ___ and use Text Warp to make an arc.
I’m sure others will have additional ideas.

Ed,
Thanks for some good tips. I like the text warp idea.

Bill
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Oct 4, 2006
There was a thread about this just the other day . . .
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc1da3a/1>
O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 6, 2006
Use your Liquify tool. 6 was when the feature was introduced.
P
Phosphor
Oct 6, 2006
<Homer>"Ol’ Whozit, ehhh?"</Homer>

XD
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 6, 2006
A blast from the past!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections