I
Posted By
iskenderuna
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a jpg of a multi-colored flower. I would like to re-color the whole flower (and leaves ) in one of the colors (or maybe in the tones of that color) that is found within the image (orange): What would be the best way to do this?
Thanks for any input
Isk

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dave Simpson
Mar 6, 2004
Mode | Adjustments | Hue/Saturation (CTRL-U), then select "Colorize" checkbox. Note you must be in at least RGB mode for this option to exist.

Dave Simpson
RND Solutions – Creative Graphic Design

(619) 322-3385 (Local San Diego)
(888) 690-0938 (Nationwide)
http://www.rnd-solutions.com

"iskenderuna" wrote in message
I have a jpg of a multi-colored flower. I would like to re-color the whole
flower (and leaves ) in one of the colors (or maybe in the tones of that color) that is found within the image (orange): What would be the best way to do this?
Thanks for any input
Isk
CW
Colin_Walls
Mar 6, 2004
Try this:
Use the Eyedropper tool to select the colour from your image. Do Image/Adjust/Desaturate.
Add a Solid Color adjustment layer – this will be in the colour you previously selected. Change the blend mode of this new layer to Color.
[You may want to adjust its opacity too.]

Is that what you are after?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections