R
Posted By
retrobeats
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image, actually two images within an image, where both items are mostly GOLD in color.

I want to change one of the items to BLUE and am not sure how to do this.

If I use the wand and select, then grow, or similar, it choses both images of course, seeing how they are both the same color….

My goal is to change the OUTER image to blue, (a Square) and keep the other (gold circle within the box) gold.

thanks for the help as always…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Oct 18, 2003
Since your description is somewhat vague, and because we can’t see through your eyes to view what you’re working on I can only suggest this:

There are TONs of different ways and many tools that can be used for selecting an object or an area to isolate and work on. I suggest you explore the Marquees, the Lassos and Quick Masking. If you are dead set on using the Magic Wand tool, play with the tolerance settings and the "contiguous" check box in the Options Bar. The lower the tolerance setting, the more particular the color selection will be.
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Oct 18, 2003
Image-Adjust-Hue/Saturation.
Short Cut is: Ctrl+U
SW
Shank_Williams
Oct 19, 2003
You can make your best selection as before, then deselect the inner image. One way would be to use the elliptical marquee, choosing the third option button "subtract from selection".
Or you can use quick mask to de-select using painting tools, which is handy if the areas to be deselected are not easy to capture with a marquee tool, or when you need to really zoom in to make a good selection.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections