NF
Posted By
Noelle_Faulkner
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried several times to install Photoshop 7.0 on my computer. The OS on it is XP. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but everytime I put the disc in the drive, the computer locks up and won’t run the set-up. We have a virus scanner installed as well, and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I tried disabling it and tried it again, but the same thing happened? Any ideas? (Sorry if this is a bit dis-jointed, It’s after 2 am and I’m sleepy.) 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Feb 28, 2004
everytime I put the disc in the drive, the computer locks up <<

If the computer really locks up – i.e. CTRL+ALT+DEL has no effect – then you have a hardware or BIOS problem (or just possible a really, REALLY, buggy driver).

If the computer doesn’t really lock-up, but wont run setup.exe, hold down Shift whilst inserting the CD to prevent the autorun from running, and see if you can then install by double-clicking on the setup.exe file.

If you can’t, copy the whole of the Photoshop folder to your HDD and run setup.exe from there.
GH
Gary_Hummell
Feb 28, 2004
What happens if you try and load a different program from that drive? Is the drive new? Drivers up-to-date? PS 7 runs fine on XP. Is XP a clean install or upgrade?

Gary
NF
Noelle_Faulkner
Feb 28, 2004
We installed our printer sofware from the same drive and it worked fine. It’s a clean install. Could be the drivers, but I don’t know. :/
B
Bernie
Feb 28, 2004
If you mean when saving it. The image coming off a CD will be a read only. ( locked } You can open My computer and highlight the image or images go to file / properties and uncheck read only.

Bigcat

____________________________________________________________ ___________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com – Accounts Starting At $6.95 – http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
J
Jim
Feb 28, 2004
The install worked fine on my Windows XP machine. The 7.0.1 update also installed with no problem.

The problem might be a bad CD.
Jim
wrote in message
I have tried several times to install Photoshop 7.0 on my computer. The OS
on it is XP. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but everytime I put the disc in the drive, the computer locks up and won’t run the set-up. We have a virus scanner installed as well, and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I tried disabling it and tried it again, but the same thing happened? Any ideas? (Sorry if this is a bit dis-jointed, It’s after 2 am and I’m sleepy.) 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections