DP
Posted By
Donnie Price
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How in the world do I get the type to justify- a straight line down each side on version 6.0?

I am trying to do columns. I click the ‘type’ tool, click ‘palettes’, click the ‘paragraph’ tab, and there is the option to justify all. I want the center column to be 4 inches (288 pt) to 7 inches (508 pt). I set these preferences, click on the image, and it jumps back to ‘left align text’. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
emma
Jul 1, 2003
First of all, I have to tell you that Photoshop is not your best application for applying your text. This sounds like it would be better done in a page layout program like PageMaker, Indesign, or Quark.

But if you are going to use PS for whatever reason, you should be:

1) select the type tool and drag your text area to the column width you need or as close as you can get. (You can adjust it before, during, and after you type or place your text.)
2) type or place your text
3) select the text you want justified and select the justify button in the Paragraph palette

I think what you’re doing is neglecting the text area step. PS can’t justify text without the bounding box to define the area to which it needs to justify the text. Does that make sense?

~Em

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections