C
Posted By
Chas.
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When attempting to "udate creation Elements" it just seems to never stop. I have to disconnect from AOL in order to shut it down. I receive the message to click for importanr Software update. I click the update button and it just keeps going forever. When I click Cancel it goes to loading adnd Creation Setup appears. I’m sure that updating creation elements should only take a few minutes and I have left it run for over 30 minutes and the dialogue box just keeps going on until I disconnect form AOL and then use ALT, CTRL DELETE to shut the program down..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 29, 2005
I’m just making a guess here, but every once in a while I accidentally get something right, so…

Historically, users of AOL and a couple of other ISPs who use customized browsers have had to switch to a plain vanilla version of IE or Netscape in order to get some of these downloads. Problems were most prevalent when Adobe was using a browser for access to the Help files, but I seem to remember it effecting online access in some cases, too.

Somewhere on your hard drive you have IE (Windows ALWAYS has a copy of IE somewhere.) Switch to that and see if you have better luck. Also, make sure that after you get your update you go into Preferences and set Elements to NOT check for updates automatically. If AOL is your default browser, you might run into problems down the road if you don’t.

This isn’t a guarantee, but AOL has been the cause of some problems for others in the past, so shifting out of it is worth a try.
C
Chas.
Apr 29, 2005
Thank You, Beth, it sounds logical. I will give it a try. Chas.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections