H
Posted By
howardk
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Acrobat 5.0 and tried the "Edit Image" function to clean up some pictures I have in a PDF file. I chose the "TouchUp Object Tool", selected an image, right clicked and then chose "Edit Image" from the pop-up menu. Photoshop came up fine, I touched up the image, and saved. I did this to all the images in the PDF document.

Problem is, now my PDF file is twice the size it was before! Photoshop uses the "Acrobat TouchUp Image" plugin, which apparently removed the image compression. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? I’m using Photoshop 7.0 and the version of the plugin is also 7.0. Is there a better plugin, or an update?

Howard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Q
quite
May 24, 2004
(Howard Knight) wrote:

I have Acrobat 5.0 and tried the "Edit Image" function to clean up some pictures I have in a PDF file. …

Problem is, now my PDF file is twice the size it was before!

Did you SAVE AS, rather than just SAVE?
—————————————-
Aandi Inston
Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don’t e-mail them.
H
howardk
May 24, 2004
Aandi Inston () wrote:
(Howard Knight) wrote:

I have Acrobat 5.0 and tried the "Edit Image" function to clean up some pictures I have in a PDF file. …

Nope. Just SAVEed it.

Howard
Q
quite
May 24, 2004
(Howard Knight) wrote:

Aandi Inston () wrote:
(Howard Knight) wrote:

Nope. Just SAVEed it.

If you SAVE, changes are added at the end, so you are storing both the original and the changed image. Use SAVE AS to reclaim lost space. —————————————-
Aandi Inston
Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don’t e-mail them.
H
howardk
May 24, 2004
Aandi Inston () wrote:
(Howard Knight) wrote:

Aandi Inston () wrote:
(Howard Knight) wrote:

Nope. Just SAVEed it.

If you SAVE, changes are added at the end, so you are storing both the original and the changed image. Use SAVE AS to reclaim lost space.

Ah. I thought you were talking about the images, not the PDF file. Anyway, yes, I did try SAVE AS, and it did reduce the size of the file quite a bit. However, it is still half again (150%) as big as the original

Howard

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections