J
Posted By
jdd1904
Nov 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there. I’m not that familiar with Photoshop, so please excuse this question if its particularly rudimentary (I’m having trouble finding the answer elsewhere). He is my situation:

My client has provided me with .psd files to use as menu art for a DVD authoring job I’m working on. When I import the .psd menu art files into my authoring system (DVD Studio Pro), I cannot access the layers in the file (certain layers are to be used as the highlighted/selected button states). I can access the layers when I open the .psd file using Photoshop.

When I compared these files to other that I’ve received from different clients for similar jobs, I noticed that my Mac is listing these files a "Photoshop Image". The files that have worked in the past show up as a "Photoshop File". What is the difference between the two? Can I convert a "Photoshop Image" to a "Photoshop File"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JD

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Nov 26, 2006
there is none as far as I know.

the image is the end result of the file.
B
Bernie
Nov 26, 2006
Have you tried resaving the files?
R
Ram
Nov 26, 2006
The image is what you see when you open the file. It’s the same thing.
J
jdd1904
Nov 26, 2006
I tried resaving the file as a photoshop file and and a layered tiff. Neither file would allow me to access the layers when I re-imported them into DVDSP.

JD
B
Buko
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe you are bringing the files into DVD Pro wrong?
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Nov 27, 2006
jdd,

Are they 8 bit or 16 bit PSD files? 16 bit will give many other programs a tough time.

Is the color space RGB?
J
jdd1904
Nov 28, 2006
Hi Everyone. The file(s) are 8-bit, RGB.

I ended up fixing the problem by copying all of the layers into a new photoshop file. When Imported the new file into DVDSP, all of the layers were accessible.
J
jdd1904
Nov 28, 2006
Forgot to say thanks. Thanks for the help, everyone.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections