RG
Posted By
RW_G
Oct 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way I can resize (to same PPI) several images at once using PS CS?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 15, 2005
Try creating an action using AUTOMATE>FIT IMAGE and run it via the Batch command on your folder of files. (Don’t forget to save to another directory so as not to overwrite the originals).
RG
RW_G
Oct 15, 2005
Can you expand a bit,please? I selected the desired files in the File Browser, then clicked Automate, but didn’t see FIT IMAGE as a choice. Am I in the wrong place? Thanks for the help.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 16, 2005
RW, chris is telling you to create an action. You need to do this with a single file, first; then you run it as a batch on multiple files.

Open a file. From the Actions pallette, click on the "create a new action set" file, give the action set a name, then click on "create a new action". It’s now in record mode. Click on "File > Automate > Fit Image" and enter the maximum pixel dimensions for height and width that you want applied to each image. Click on Save As, select a different directory, and save. Now stop the action.

Now, when you select multiple files in the file browser (or bridge in CS2), you can use this action to resize the images to fit within the bounds recorded in the action, and save them in the directory coded into the action.

Your original post asked about resizing to the same PPI. What chris suggested, and I explained above, relates to resizing to the same maximum pixels in each direction. So if you have images that are 2000×3000 and 6000×3000, and you specified 1000×1500 in Fit Image, the images will be scaled to fit within this, and will end up as 1000×1500 and 1000×500. If, instead, you didn’t want to change the pixel dimensions at all, but just change the PPI, you should record an action to run Image > Image Size, with resampling off, and set the resolution desired. If that’s not what you wanted, you need to be more specific. There are any number of alternatives you could be interested in achieving.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections