Posted By
MerlijnK
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m working with Photoshop once in a while and everytime I get into the same troubles… I’d like to make the background of my photos transparent.

Normally I have a background (like a blue field). Then I add a photo (with a person standing in de garden) to it and the photo has just its rectangular form. BUT I want in the blue field ONLY the person’s contour, and NOT the garden … does anyone know how I can achieve this?

It seems to me that it’s a simple thing to do, but I tried everything… the problem is that this person is not a closed object, so the magic wand to select doesn’t work… please help me!?

Merlijn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 16, 2004
Use the Extraction Tool.
Image-Extract.
Read the instructions. It is easy.
BH
Brasoveanu_Hedda
Feb 17, 2004
Rename the background layer, make a selection, choose select, inverse and hit the Delete key.
M
MerlijnK
Feb 17, 2004
Thanks Norbert! I knew it had to be easy, it works great 🙂

@Brasoveanu: That’s just what I tried to explain.. that isn’t possible, because it’s not a closed object of which you easy make a selection.. but thanks anyway!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections