EI
Posted By
Elizabeth_Ingram
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have a tree picture that needs to have a transparent backgound in photoshop i can get it to have the transparent background but when i import it illistrator i end up with a white background?????????????

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 16, 2004
Are you using Photoshop 7 ? If so…in photoshop use the HELP menu / Export transparent image option. Then open the export transparent image into illustrator ????
EI
Elizabeth_Ingram
Jul 17, 2004
Thanks for trying to help me. I am actually using Photoshop 6. In Photoshop the background shows as transparent. Went to file than export to Illustrator. Saved as a .ai file. Opened in new file in Illustrator and there is no picture, just cropping marks. I am feeling sooo frustrated 🙁 Have been working on a silly business card for a week (all sorts of little glitches since I am just a fairly new user) I really appreciate any assistance anyone can give me. Cheers
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 17, 2004
Liz, I really wish I had illustrator but I don’t. You’ll probably have better luck at this point on the illustrator forum since many use photoshop as well…check it out;

windows
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b328>

mac
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b324>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 17, 2004
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
The only export I know of in PS is "paths to Illustrator".

Believe me, that is something totally different.

Save your file as PSD and PLACE that in Illustrator.
Or try TIFF with transparancy checked if that doesn’t work (since don’t know which versions of Illy do what with various files, and don’t know which version you have.)

M

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections