MB
Posted By
Mrs Beeble Brock
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys, I’ve seen the occasional post here about moire from scanning printed material and the fact that, as Photoshop doesn’t offer a fix, we should address this problem in our scanner software.

Up to now I’ve been removing the moire dots with Corel Photopaint but it’s a hassle switching between programmes and I prefer Photoshop

Well my scanner is an Epson Perfection 1250 and nowhere in the manual or help files does it mention Moire. I phoned their helpdesk and the guy there had never heard of the concept – he asked if there was another term to search on that might mean the same thing. Is there?

Otherwise, what sort of scanner software do others use to get around this problem?

Jo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

A
arrooke
Feb 26, 2004
"MrsBeebleBrock" wrote in message
Hi guys, I’ve seen the occasional post here about moire from scanning printed material and the fact that, as Photoshop doesn’t offer a fix, we should address this problem in our scanner software.

Up to now I’ve been removing the moire dots with Corel Photopaint but it’s a hassle switching between programmes and I prefer Photoshop
Well my scanner is an Epson Perfection 1250 and nowhere in the manual or help files does it mention Moire. I phoned their helpdesk and the guy there had never heard of the concept – he asked if there was another term to search on that might mean the same thing. Is there?
Otherwise, what sort of scanner software do others use to get around this problem?

Jo
Most scanner software I’ve seen has a de-screen filter to remove moir
S
Stan
Feb 27, 2004
Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Ver.4 has a too under effects then noise that fixes just that problem. I’ve used many times myself. It still doesn’t get around using two applications but it does work well.

"MrsBeebleBrock" wrote in message

Jo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections