JC
Posted By
John_Corliss
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anybody know where there’s a free plugin that removes moire patterns? I’ve looked and looked but can’t find one. Note that I’m not interested in the following:

adware
cdware
commercial software
crippleware
demoware
nagware
shareware
spyware
time-limited software
trialware
viruses
warez (pirated software)

TIA!
John Corliss

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 11, 2004
Oh darn, I had a really neat virus that I wanted to send you. It would have taken care of many of your problems.

Just kidding

Does your scanner have the option before scan ?
D
davee
Jun 11, 2004
If the moire is on scanned images your scanner may have a setting that will deal with it. If you have a de-screening filter try that.

Have you seen this product?
<http://www.v-direct.org.uk/PhotoShopPlugins.htm>
It’s a CD costing $45 incl. shipping.

There may be more info here:
<http://www.inkernet.co.uk/adobe-photo-shop-plugins-6/>

These come from a Google search using
photoshop descreening plugin
JC
John_Corliss
Jun 17, 2004
Jodi,
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Yes, my current scanner can remove moire right after the scanning process. However, I don’t always remember to do this and currently use Ulead PhotoImact 3.0 to do take care of it after the fact. It works *very* well, but I really would like to take the program off of the computer because it’s so old that it doesn’t always work properly with Millennium Edition.

John Corliss
JC
John_Corliss
Jun 17, 2004
Davee,
Thanks, but I’m a poor hippie. I’m looking for a freeware solution. Guess there isn’t one, because I’ve literally spent hours looking for a freeware moire removal plugin and failed to find one.

John Corliss
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 17, 2004
John,

Sorry can’t remember the topic thread name but there was a disscussion about moire removal not too long ago. I think it was in one of the Photo Challenge Discussions. Maybe someone will see this, and remember what the topic name was.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 17, 2004
Terri,

Wasn’t it Leen that came up with something?

Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 17, 2004
Wendy,

That’s exactly who I think was talking about moire removal.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 17, 2004
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
Indeed, it was me. and Chuck came up with a quite nice solution. i printed it out, but ufortunately this is in the studio and I am on the internet at home.

The only funny thing: I discovered moiré in a vertically striped shirt. After removing the moire the stripes were horizontal.

BTW, the customer smiled as he did like his new shirt. 😉

Leen
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
Here it is:

Moiré

Leen Koper – 02:49pm Apr 9, 2004 Pacific

Today I made a group photo and one of the people involved had a white shirt with blue stripes. Now I have a shirt with orange coloured moiré.

Is there any way to remove this?

Leen

Chuck Snyder – 02:55pm Apr 9, 2004 Pacific (#1 of 22)

Leen, per Scot Kelby’s "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers":

1. Select the area showing the moire pattern; feather 1 or 2 pixels
2. Do a Layer>New Layer via copy
3. On the new layer, choose the Gaussian blur filter and starting with the slider at the far left, drag it to the right until the moire pattern disappears.
4. Change the blend mode on this blurred layer to Color. Supposedly, the moire pattern will be hidden by the blur and the object will look normal again.

Chuck

Thank you once again, Chuck.

Leen
RH
Ron Hunter
Jun 17, 2004
wrote:

Jodi,
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Yes, my current scanner can remove moire right after the scanning process. However, I don’t always remember to do this and currently use Ulead PhotoImact 3.0 to do take care of it after the fact. It works *very* well, but I really would like to take the program off of the computer because it’s so old that it doesn’t always work properly with Millennium Edition.

John Corliss

Some would say that was to its credit. ME is generally recognized to be the worst Windows release since Win 1.0.
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks for finding that Wendy, and Leen for answering. I intended to copy those techniques but accidentally deleted my bookmark. Got it all safely copied into notepad now!

Terri
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
If we didnot have Chuck and a front door we would always have to use the back door. He usually is too full of the milk of human kindness. (Shakespeare) 😉

Leen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 17, 2004
NOW what did I do???!

🙂
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 17, 2004
Chuck

It is not what you did but what you are thinking of doing as my mother would say just before she cuffed me behind the ear.

Grant
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 17, 2004
Uh, oh….if mind reading software is in use here, I’d better stay scarce….
🙂
AL
alex_lehar
Jul 26, 2004
Look at www.picturesolve.com, where descreening service is offered, based on Fourier Transform filtering.
RH
Roger Hunt
Jul 27, 2004
In article ,
writes
Does anybody know where there’s a free plugin that removes moire patterns? I’ve looked and looked but can’t find one.

You are dealing with existing images? How did they get there in the first place? My epson 2400 scanning s/w can de-screen during scanning and thus prevent them.

Roger Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections