M
Posted By
Micah
Sep 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have large 8 bit files shot with a leaf back. Unfortunately I didn’t shot them at a 45 degree angle so I have large tiger striped moire patterns. What steps should I take to remove them?
These will go to print so I would rather not use too much "blur" or "Gas" filters.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 10, 2008
Micah,

I didn’t shot them at a 45 degree angle

What is supposed to be at a 45° angle? Can you please post a link to an example of the images? Thanks.

Neil
CB
charles badland
Sep 10, 2008
First view at 100% (Actual Pixels) to make sure they are "real" Moire and not just a viewing artifact caused by interference with your monitor’s pixels.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 10, 2008
If you photograph an object with dominant stripes (such as a striped shirt) at the wrong angle to your digital camera’s sensor, you might see a heavy moiré.

You may need to re-shoot the subject at different angles and then replace the moiréd parts of the first image from one of the other images.
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 10, 2008
You will also need to proof them at the same screening (lpi and angles) that you are printing at. Its not a real predictable thing.

If the "moired" image are placed at a reduced size sometimes that helps.

Proof them.

alan
JD
John_Danek
Sep 12, 2008
I wonder if one the channels has a decent linearized version of the moire area that could be used to replace the moired channel(s). Disregard if the moire shows up in all channels.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 12, 2008
Again, a link to a sample moiré image would be helpful here.

Neil
M
Micah
Sep 13, 2008
I’m a digital tech on a commercial shoot for a large client, so posting an image would be impossible.

If you tilt the camera at a 45 degree angle, most moire’ will be eliminated.

I did solve my problem though.
created a new layer>chose a brush>sampled color>changed layer to Color mode>lowered transparency>"painted" away the moire.

Worked quite well.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections