GB
Posted By
g_ballard
Mar 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I cancel a new adjustment layer in CS4?

I used to just hit Exc key and it would disappear.

Now Command+z won’t even undo it.

That makes me have to click on it in the layers pallet and drag it in the trash…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Mar 9, 2009
With the non-modal dialog the layer has already been created when You start editing it, I guess, so You may have to go further back in the history (for example hitting command-alt-Z two times).
P
Phosphor
Mar 9, 2009
I don’t have CS4, but have they changed it that much? Just drag the Layer into the Trash.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Mar 9, 2009
Yes, the change from modal to non-modal dialog for Adjustment Layers has proved to be quite the annoyance for many users, it seems, at least initially.
Supposedly some prefer the new way now though.

Selecting the Move Tool (V) and hitting the Delete-button might be more convenient than dragging the Layer to the trash-can.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 9, 2009
‘Initially’ my ass. Unless they improve both the performance and the interface design of the Adjustments Panel hugely. They would also have to find a way to float the panel, so it disappears.

The two ‘advantages’ of the panel are as follows – 1 the TAT tool allowing within image dragging to adjust values. I assume for users without the ability to grasp the concept the most powerful tool, Curves. I will admit that when it eventually is fast enough to use efficiently, and implemented smoothly, this may be a good addition. 2 – the ability to alter opacity and mode of the adjustment, without exiting the dialog. More of a choice for inexperienced users who think this should be necessary at all.

At the moment these two, relatively minor for advanced users, advantages are outweighed by the many disadvantages by a long chalk.

You don’t need to do V and then delete in CS4 – the delete key just deletes layers
GB
g_ballard
Mar 9, 2009
I just want the ability to Esc out of a move, and Undo.

Who is designing this stuff?
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 9, 2009
You can now hit the Delete key, which will dump the current adjustment

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections