TS
Posted By
tania_soann
Jan 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed 6.0 on my new XP home upgrade. My system is a Dellt600t with 512k RAM.

The installation, from 4.0 then 6.0 seemed to go fine, I got the readme file, but when I went later to run, the only thing that came up, was a box with the following error:

C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe|Photoshop 6.0\Photoshp.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

It worked in 98 which I was running in fat32?

I tried the compatibility wizard and came up with nothing and found nothing in the adobe knowledge base.

Hoping you can help- Thanks,

Tania

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 8, 2004
uninstall then reinstall 6. something screwy happened. close all running apps first. better yet, install in "safe mode".
L
LenHewitt
Jan 8, 2004
Tania,

Did you upgrade to XP ‘over_the_top’ of your Win98 installation?

If so, you can expect a lot of ongoing problems, I’m afraid.

XP MUST be installed to it’s own new folder, preferably on a freshly formatted partition, and then ALL applications, drivers etc. re-installing if you want it to work correctly
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 8, 2004
To add to Len’s post. You don’t even need to format the partition. The XP install will take care of that for you.

It’s a piece of cake install and will take far less time than troubleshooting the problems that an operating system upgrade causes.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections