Posted By
John_R_Warner
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Having had trouble initially installing due to missing .dll files and having overcome this, I now get a dialog box telling me…

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library – Assertion Failed"

What this all about? Can anyone tell me where to go from here?

Any help would be appreciated….

Thanks in advance
John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nannygoat
May 30, 2005
John,

Which version of PSE are you running?

How did you ‘overcome’ what I presume was an error message about missing dll files when initially trying to install? Download some from the internet…where?

When does the error message you cite appear?

I have read that your error message can be due to corrupted dlls.

Did you have antivirus software disabled during the installation of PSE?

Adobe does offer telephone support for installation woes (legitimately purchased programs of course).
JR
John_R_Warner
May 30, 2005
Hi Nannygoat,
Thanks for the quick response. Taking your questions in order…

1. dll’s (MSVCR71.dll & iaccore.dll) downloaded from www.dll-files.com

2. ‘trying’ to run Photoshop Elements 3

3. directly after double-clicking in the desktop icon.

4. Anti-virus was ON during installation.

thanks again for any help you can offer,

John
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Anti-virus was ON during installation

That could be the cause of your problem. The instructions tell you to disable it.
JR
John_R_Warner
May 30, 2005
"Taking your questions in order…" Well, perhaps not strictly in order….lol

John
JR
John_R_Warner
May 30, 2005
Thanks Colin, I’ll try again with it ‘OFF’….watch this space…
JR
John_R_Warner
May 30, 2005
Reinstalled with anti virus off, still no joy…same as before,

I’m becoming a little dejected now, I shall seek solice in a beer or three…thanks anyway, if you think of anything else please let me know…

cheers John
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Try a global prefs reset:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".

Then try starting PSE again.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 30, 2005
John,

Several people have reported to us (one person just last week) that they have had a successful installation of PE#3 on Win-XP with the DeLorme technique. I offer it for your review. Please let us know how you make out.

<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

Ken
M
MrB
May 30, 2005
Be careful! I do my worst computer work after 3 beers. I tend to get careless.

wrote in message
Reinstalled with anti virus off, still no joy…same as before,
I’m becoming a little dejected now, I shall seek solice in a beer or three…thanks anyway, if you think of anything else please let me know…
cheers John
JR
John_R_Warner
May 30, 2005
Thanks again chaps, but still a no-go. I tried Colins suggestion first, to no avail, then Ken’s, again no joy…..

one day we’re goin’to crack this….
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 31, 2005
John,
What does "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library – Assertion Failed" mean in language that an ordinary mortal might understand?
Ken
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Ken

The runtime library is part of the program. An assertion is an action taken by a program to check that all is as expected [with the system]. An assertion failure means that something [external to the program] is broken. Only the program’s developers can tell more.
JR
John_R_Warner
May 31, 2005
Thank’s both,

I’d never come across this,
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library – Assertion Failed" before, and didn’t have a clue as to what was wrong.
With what Colin has just said though, I think I’ll need to leave it there. I might see if I can install it on another computer, (if it’s something external to the program) & that is if I can find someone who will let me try it….

Thanks again for your help and interest, I’ll post back here if there are any more developments

Cheers John
N
nannygoat
Jun 1, 2005
John,

Did you download the program or purchase it on CD?

Or is it the downloadable trial version?

Maybe this thread will have a clue for you…

george dempsey, "Photoshop Elements 3.0 try out missing iaccore.dll file" #, 27 Feb 2005 7:23 am </cgi-bin/webx?13>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections