GM
Posted By
Graeme_Mair
Jun 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I’ve read the FAQs and run the Repair Permisions in the Disk Utility app a couple of times but I’m still getting an

1008:5,-5000 Access Denied error

Any idea what else I can try?

Thanks in advance

Btw I’m running 10.3.4 on a PowerMac G4-Gigadesign 1.4mhz 1.5gb RAM ATi 8500 currently I am a bit short on hard disk space as I have only 3gb free

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 26, 2004
At what point are you getting this message – initial install? You are logged on sys admin, aren’t you? That "Access Denied…" error is making me a bit suspicious without more detail.
GM
Graeme_Mair
Jun 26, 2004
Thanks for the quick response

I get the error after the following sequence

1 Enter Admin Username & password (using sys admin username and password)

2 Ok License Agreement

3 Enter Serial Number

4 Confirm Registration details and serial number

5 Install Photoshop Elements "Easy Install"

6 Splash screen "Welcome to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and then error message. In the splash screen progress window it shows "Items remaining to install 1400, installing ApplicationPerms"

If that helps 🙂
KW
Kyle_White
Jun 26, 2004
Graeme,

Have a look at Kyle White "installation error" 12/15/03 3:18pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

You’re not the first poor soul that’s bumped into this one, but there is a work around.

Kyle
GM
Graeme_Mair
Jun 26, 2004
Sheesh!!

Article 93066 that looks like fun 🙁

Thanks for that, I will give it a go fingers crossed I don’t jigger anything up in the process
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 26, 2004
I think I remember something about a folder being already present and that PSE can’t override it… Check to see if this folder already exists :

Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Photoshop Elements 2

If it does, delete it. Also, check in this folder :

users\your name\library\preferences

Check for these files or folders to delete them :

com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist
Photoshop Elements 2.0 Paths
Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs (this one is a folder)

Then reinstall.

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 26, 2004
If Ray’s suggestion doesn’t do it, also delete Adobe folder from Library>application support. You may need to reinstall any other Adobe products after you do that.

Also, in Panther you can enable the root user just by going to NetInfo Manager in Applications. Mac Help explains how. It’s less frightening than the terminal route–just be sure to shut it off again when you’re done.
GM
Graeme_Mair
Jun 26, 2004
Woo hoo 8-|

That did the trick, I think. It didn’t seem to work until I logged out and then logged back in. Either way everything is working now.

Thanks everyone for your help 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections